Chandler MHM Limited (referred to as “CMHM”, “we,” or “our” or “us”) is always committed to conduct our services and business under good corporate governances, including recognizing the importance of data security and privacy where we intend to process your personal data with transparency.
1. Collection of Personal Data
We may, directly or indirectly, collect your personal data from the following sources:
- Information you or your representative or other related persons provide to us directly from time to time, including through our website, our electronic portals and platforms, email communications sent to or from us, speaking to us in person over the telephone, or visiting our office in relation to the services provided by us or provide to us; and
- Information about you from other reliable sources or public sources such as government body, and other professional institution.
2. Type of Personal Data
Depending on purposes of use and requirement in processing personal data, we may collect various types of your personal data including:
- Basic Information: full name, gender, phone number, email address, postal address, title and position, identification number or passport number;
- Special categories of information: religion or other similar belief, racial or ethnic origin, health data and details of trade union membership (these information will only be collected in limited special circumstances);
- Personal Data of minors, quasi-incompetent person and incompetent person (“Incapacitated Person”): We will process the personal data of Incapacitated Person only where it is permitted by Data Protection Law. We will arrange to obtain the consent from parent, curator or guardian who is the legal representative of such Incapacitated Person (as the case may be). This does not apply in a case of obtaining consent for processing of personal data of minor over 10 years old which is strictly personal, suitable to his condition in life and actually required for reasonable needs which such minor can provide consent to us directly;
- Financial information: bank account and payment related information;
- Technical information/ Registration data: IP address, unique device identifier, cookies and other data linked to a device and data about usage of our website; and
- Marketing and Communication data: all marketing and communication with us through our event arrangement, including seminar, webinar or training activities and telephone communication when you contact us or we contact you.
3. Purpose of Use
We will process your personal data: (i) to perform contractual obligations, (ii) to comply with legal obligations, (iii) for the legitimate interest, or (iv) for the preparation of the historical documents or for the purpose relating to research or statistics. We will use personal data for the abovementioned purposes and scope, including the following purposes:
3.1 Providing our legal service
- checking conflict of interest;
- performing anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism, sanction screening, fraud and other background check;
- Carrying out legal services;
- tax reporting obligations; and
- managing payment, fee, charge and collecting and recovering money owned to us.
Note: In certain circumstances, in the course of our service, you may provide us with personal data of individuals who are not aware of our involvement or of our processing of their personal data. In such situations, we will not directly contact with such data subject whose personal data we are processing, or it may be under other reasons that would not be appropriate for us to provide them with a privacy notice. Before you pass any such personal data to us, you must therefore ensure that the relevant data subject have received any requisite privacy notice in connection with the performance of our service.
3.2 Marketing, event, seminar, customer satisfaction, and research and development
- inviting you to take part in our marketing or event, our seminar/ webinar arrangement to manage your participation, including networking event, and groups of specific interest;
- identifying services or our area of services which might interest you, and sending you marketing, offering information and newsletter via paper or through electronic marketing communications or contacting you by other means to offer you our services;
- asking you for feedback (for instance, in a survey) about our services and managing our review and act on such feedback; and
- conducting research or strategy analysis in developing, improving and maintaining the quality of our service.
We will not disclose your personal data without any lawful basis. In the case we are required to transfer your personal data to other third parties, we will proceed according to an appropriate procedure in order to ensure that other third parties will protect and prevent your personal data from any lost, unauthorized access, usage, modification or disclosure. Your data may be disclosed to other third parties including:
- MHM Group;
- Our networking law firms or other profession advisors as per your request for the case where we need to sub-contract our services to them;
- Other third-party service providers such as cloud service provider;
- Governmental and regulatory bodies;
- Auditors, and other advisors;
- Any person or companies where required in connection with potential or actual corporate restructuring, merger, acquisition or takeover of our business or MHM Group; and
- Other data controller to whom you have instructed us to disclose or transfer your personal data, etc.
5. Cross-Border Transfer
We will disclose your personal data to the recipient outside of Thailand only where it is permitted by Data Protection Law and/or other applicable laws. In this regard, we may follow the rules and regulations for the transfer of data to outside Thailand by entering the relevant agreements or use other available tools under the Data Protection Law, and we may rely on the data sharing agreement or data processing agreement (as the case may be) containing the standard contractual clause which require the data receiver to allow the data subject to exercise their rights with such data receiver in the case of a breach of data sharing agreement or data processing agreement, or other permitted tools for the transfer of personal data to other countries.
6. Data Retention Period
We will retain your personal data as long as it is necessary for the purpose of data processing. After that, we will delete and destruct your personal data except as may be required, by applicable laws, or for protection of CMHM and MHM Group’s interest. In general, personal data will be kept for a maximum period of 10 years or otherwise longer if it is specifically provided by law or for the protection of CMHM and MHM Group’s interest.
Upon the completion of the abovementioned period, we will follow the deletion and destruction procedure to ensure that all your personal data is safely deleted from server of CMHM or is retained in the form of anonymous data.
7. Data Security Measure
We will handle all personal information in an appropriate manner and put in place proper measures to prevent the disclosure or loss of, tampering with, or damage to, any personal information in our custody, by implementing operational procedures and instructing our staff.
To achieve our intention as described above, we and MHM Group adopt internal policies relating to personal information management rules (client information), information security policy and handbook to prevent any unauthorize or unlawful access, use, change, amendment and disclosure of personal data. We make substantial investments, effort and human resources as to ensure that we maintain high-standard measures and your personal data remains safe. We implement various measures to protect our computer system such as, Firewall. We revisit such internal policies periodically according to the applicable laws.
Although we make our best efforts to protect personal data with our technical mechanism along with the management by our personnel to control access and keep personal data against unauthorized access, we cannot always guarantee the security and confidentiality of personal data from every incident that may arise, such as virus threat and unauthorized access. You should regularly keep up with technology news, install personal firewall software to prevent your computer from threat or data theft. Also, monitoring own account on a regular basis such as monitoring balance, transaction date and keeping personal data and financial status confidential are strongly recommended.
8. Your right and request
In accordance with the Data Protection Law, you have the following rights which may be amended pursuant to any regulations of the Data Protection Law:
- To be notified: if we wish to collect, store, use or disclose your personal data in any manner beyond the intended purposes or your given consent, we will notify and/or seek your prior consent with respect to such additional scope;
- To access personal data: you may request for a copy of your personal data and request to disclose about the source of your personal data;
- To rectify personal data: you may file a request to rectify any of your personal data that has been changed to ensure that your personal data is accurate, up-to-date, complete and not misleading;
- To erasure or destroying of personal data: you may request to erase or make your personal data unidentifiable under any of the following circumstances: (1) your personal data is no longer needed to be processed for the intended purposes, (2) you withdraw your consent for your personal data to be processed and we no longer have any legal right to process your personal data for the intended purposes, (3) you object to our processing of your personal data, or (4) your personal data was processed in contravention of Data Protection Law;
- To suspend the use of your personal data: you may request us to suspend the use of your personal data in any of the following events (1) when we are in the process of verifying certain information for the purpose of rectifying, updating, completing or avoiding any misleading about your personal data upon your request; (2) when your personal data is to be erased, but you instead request to suspend its use; (3) when it is no longer necessary to store your personal data, but you request us to continue the storage of your personal data for establishing legal claims, legal compliance, exercise of legal rights or defenses; or (4) when we are in the process of verifying its legitimate rights in its data collection or processing for purposes specified by applicable law;
- To object the collection, use and disclosure of personal data: you may object the processing of your personal data in the case where (1) your personal data was collected by us for the purpose of (a) our public interest, (b) our compliance with a governmental order or (c) our legitimate interest or legal basis; (2) we have processed your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing; and (3) we have processed your personal data for any research purposes as specified in relevant laws, including for statistical purpose;
- To data portability: in case where it is technically available, you may request to receive your personal data in a commonly used or readable by the automatic device or to automatically transfer; and
- To withdraw the consent: in case where you have given the consent for the processing of your personal data to us (where the consent is not required by other applicable laws), you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time. Should a withdrawal of any consent affect any transactions or provision of services or activities carried out or offer by us, you will be informed at the time of withdrawal request.
Upon your request, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data or exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to received it. We may also contact you asking for further information in relation to your request.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to your request if it does not meet the requirements of the Data Protection Law or if we are authorized by the Data Protection Law or other related legislations to refuse your request for disclosure or otherwise.
In case that we cannot comply with your request to exercise the right of data subject, you may make a complaint to the regulator, including the Personal Data Protection Committee, Ministry of Digital Economy and Society.
Note: The procedures above will take no more than 30 (thirty) days following the receipt of your request and all supporting documents. Please also note that the process may take longer than 30 (thirty) days if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
9. Contact for Inquiries
All requests, opinions, questions, complaints and other inquiries with respect to our handling of personal data should be referred to our Business Development Marketing and Communication or our Data Protection Officer at the address below.
Business Development Marketing and Communication
Chandler MHM Limited
98 Sathorn Square Office Tower, 17th and 36th Floors,
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand
Tel: 66 2 009-5000
Email : BD@mhm-global.com
Data Protection Officer
Chandler MHM Limited
98 Sathorn Square Office Tower, 17th and 36th Floors,
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand
Tel: 66 2 009-5000
Email : CMHM-DPO@mhm-global.com
Please note that our business hours are from 8:30 am to 12:00 noon and from 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Cookies are small electronic information stored in form of text file and will be sent to the browser of data subject for sending the information back to the server every time you visit the website. CMHM website will send cookies to your browser and may be recorded in the computer or devices you use to access the website. Cookies are important in enabling website to remember the setting on your devices.
- To help remember the information about your browser and setting and help you to access the website easily;
- To help assess the efficiency and result of website service that is still not fully functional and need to be improved;
- To collect and analyze website visit information that allows us to understand users interest and how you use our services which are important for optimizing efficiency and improve our service; and
- To enhance the website using experience, including allow us to deliver the services and information that meet your interests.
Our website uses both our cookies (first party cookies) and third-party cookies which are determined and set by third-party service provider such as our third-party service provider to enhance the functionality of the website.
We use 2 types of cookies as follows:
- Session Cookies: A temporarily existing cookie to remember you during your visit our website, for example, monitoring your default language. This type of cookies will be deleted from your computer or device when you leave the website or close the web browser.
- Persistent Cookies: A cookie existing for a certain period of time or upon your deletion. This type of cookie will allow our website to remember you and your preference setting when you revisit the website which will help you to access the website more easily.
We use the above cookies for the purpose of use as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for the use in providing website service for allowing you to access any functions of the website including remembering information you have provided via the website.
- Analytical/Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to see the user interactions when using our website, and allow us to understand which pages or areas of the website are popular, as well as to analyze other aspects of information. We also use this information to improve the website function and to understand the user behavior. However, the information these cookies collected will be anonymous and used for statistical analysis only.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies will allow our website to remember options in your preference setting and deliver additional features and contents that meet your preference such as to help remember your user account name, changes in font size setting or page setting which you can customize.
- Targeting/Advertising cookies: these cookies will be recorded in your computer or device to remember your visit, including pages and links that you visit or follow. We will use this information to adjust the website and arrange our marketing activities to meet your interest.
Our website may contain URL that can link to other social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms which may allow you to share content in our website with others on social media and establish other interactions with those social media via our website. As a result, the setting of these cookies is determined and set by social media service providers who are third parties to track your online activities. We have no authority to control information collected by such cookies. We suggest you check those social media platforms for additional information regarding the cookies and the cookies management of such social media service providers.
11. Continuous Improvement