Labor and Employment
Chandler MHM provides extensive and in‐depth advice on Thai labor law issues.
A team of more than five qualified lawyers acts for major Thai entities and foreign subsidiaries on labor disputes, mediation and labor union issues.
- Representing foreign clients in court proceedings related to labor and employment matters.
- Represented a Thai commercial bank in the successful resolution of a dispute in relation to the termination of employment of a high level employee.
- Represented Thai and foreign clients, both individuals and business entities, in court proceedings and in discussions with labor officials regarding labor and employment matters, such as, unfair termination, disputes regarding employee and employer privileges under employment agreements, and disciplinary action.
- Representing and acting for a Japanese company and its subsidiaries (Thai-based manufacturers listed under Stock Exchange of Thailand) in respect to an approximately USD 5 Million civil claim in relation to the dismissal of employment and the breach of share acquisition agreement.
- Representing and acting for an international engineering service provider of oil and gas drilling and production operations in relation to an approximately USD2.2 Million labor claim concerning the retrenchment of manpower brought against by its former engineers.
- Representing and acting for a multinational manufacturing company in relation to a labor lawsuit in respect of alleged unfair and constructive dismissal brought against the company by a former executive.
- Represented employers in the Labor Court; employees in termination cases in the Labor Court; employers in negotiations with employees on labor cases; employers by reviewing/revising work rules and regulations; employees by advising on employment agreements, and both employers and employees on general labor law issues.
- Represented an international oil and gas company on a high-value labor claim concerning unfair termination and breach of employment contract brought against it by its former expat employees.
- Represented a Swedish vehicle manufacturing company on a civil claim concerning undue enrichment and on a criminal misappropriation claim against its former employee.
Enquiries about Labor and Employment
Please contact us by E-mail.