- English Thai
Prakarn is a Senior Associate at Chandler MHM in the Litigation and dispute resolution practice group. He has more than 10 years experience advising and representing clients across a broad range of sectors on a diverse range of disputes. He focuses on administrative law and disputes related to government contract (e.g. concession and production sharing contract), and has significant experience on corporate and commercial disputes, corporate governance and director liability, class action, shareholder disputes, and insolvency and rehabilitation. Prakarn has also represented clients in relation to a number of criminal matters including cases of white-collar crime.
Prior to joining Chandler MHM Prakarn worked for another leading law firm in Thailand and also as an independent practitioner.
Prakarn is currently pursuing Graduate Diploma in Public Law at Thammasat University, with anticipated year of completion in 2022.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
Administrative / Government Contract Disputes
- Advising one of the world’s largest oil and gas and renewable energies conglomerate on the constitution law, administrative law and arbitration matters in relation to administrative dispute arising from law enforcement and interpretation of concession agreement.
- Advising oil and gas global investment company on dispute in relation to Production Sharing Contract (PSC).
- Advising finance institution on administrative law and Administrative Court procedure for risk assessment on a financial project to a municipal waste composting plant affected by an administrative dispute arising from community network-led opposition to the construction project.
- Advising and representing client in challenging the administrative order issued by the Director General of Department of Land regarding its refusal to revoke illegal registrations on title deed of the land located at heart of Bangkok’s business district and continued pursuing legal action in the Administrative Court to request judicial review over the legality of public authorities’ administrative decision.
Commercial and Corporate Disputes / Torts
- Representing client in Thailand's viral stolen kidney case (the so-called ‘chan-ta-na case’) in defensing a compensatory claim against a private hospital and the surgery doctor. The claim involved an alleged wrongful act of stealing the patient’s kidney.
White-collar Crimes / Criminal Cases
- Representing Thailand’s leading metal manufacturing companies in resisting a business takeover attempt in a series of hostile litigation cases against board of directors; conducting corporate investigation and launching sequence of criminal offenses against former executives. The lawsuits involved the criminal offenses of submitting false registration of the company’s changes of management, misappropriation of the company’s assets, and defamation. The clients’ company management was successfully maintained, and a satisfying outcome was achieved the criminal cases.
Insolvency and restructuring
- Representing aviation industry clients in business rehabilitation of Thai Airways International PCL.
- Representing Thailand’s leading industrial metal supplier, as a creditor to a claim of THB 126 million arising from a breach of a sales contract by its debtor and acting as leading attorney in business rehabilitation process of its debtor in filing objection to fraudulent business rehabilitation petition, and successfully enforced a final judgment through confiscation procedure.
University of Melbourne Law School (LL.M. in Public and International Law, 2018)
Thammasat University (LL.B. with 2nd Class Honors, 2010)
- Thai Barrister at Law, 2013
- Thai lawyer license, 2010
- Ordinary member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Invited judge committee to Thammasat University's Moot Court competition, awarding a well-performing team and mentoring, 2010-2020.
- Invited lecturer to Thammasat University's Practical Law Training Program re: "Introduction to Legal Presentation", 2019.