- Thai English Japanese
Theerapat is an Associate at Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM) in the Energy and Natural Resources practice group. He has considerable experience advising on various transactions which having worked in both Japan and Thailand. He also represents Thai and foreign clients in M&A and commercial matters, including corporate advice, due diligence investigations, business acquisitions, and foreign investment matters. Theerapat has advised on numerous real estate transactions such as the acquisition of land, hotel and factory, conduct property due diligence and review any property related agreements. He has been recommended as a real estate lawyer in Legal 500.
Theerapat also has in-depth knowledge in gaming industry and has advised on numerous mobile game licensing agreements in both legal and business perspectives which lead his clients to a successful business in a fast-growing and competitive mobile game market.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
Corporate services and M&A
- Represented a well-known Japanese company in the acquisition of Thai famous e-commerce business.
- Represented a renowned British luxury fashion brand for its corporate matters in Thailand including commercial lease agreement with largest department store in Thailand.
- Represented a renowned luxury fashion group for the joint-venture transactions with a renowned department store in Thailand.
- Represented a renowned Japanese manufacturer in establishment of new processed meats business in Thailand starting from establishment of local entity, purchase of land and construction of factory in an industrial estate, and obtain promotion and privileges from the BOI.
- Represented numerous companies for various corporate matters as a company secretary.
Regulatory and Compliance
- Represented a government bank on its data protection self-assessment exercise, including documentary review and staff interviews for internal conducts, and drafting of data protection analysis report and relevant data protection documents.
- Represented a listed hospitality company on its data protection self-assessment exercise, including documentary review and staff interviews for internal conducts, drafting of data protection analysis report and relevant data protection documents, and conduct subsequent executive presentation.
- Advised numerous companies on data protection law including Japanese car manufacturer, renowned retailer, UK pharmaceutical company, with issues ranging from review of project involving personal data and revision of internal documents.
- Advised Singaporean company on legal and regulatory consideration relating to their business involving the offering of gaming / casino services aboard a vessel.
- Represented a group of investors in their acquisition of properties in Phuket for resort development.
- Represented a group of investors in their acquisition of hotels and resorts in Kamala beach and Patong beach, Phuket including the due diligence for the relevant permits.
- Advise several luxury hotel/villa owners for the legal validity of lands in Sirinart National Park in Phuket.
- Represented several luxury fashion brands for the commercial lease agreement with various department stores in Thailand.
- Represented a group of investors in their investment in condominium project in Pattaya.
Technology, Media and Telecommunication
- Represent a leading Thai mobile game publisher company on numerous mobile game transactions such as review and negotiate on mobile game licensing agreements and advise on the gaming business operation in Thailand.
- Advise several foreign business operators on the regulations relating to the e-payment business in Thailand.
- Keio University, Japan (LL.M., 2019)
- Assumption University (LL.B., 2008)
- College of business and communication (Japanese research Diploma), Japan 2011
- Thai lawyer license, 2014
- Extraordinary member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
- "New Rehabilitation Regulation: Survival Tools for SMEs" (Bangkok Post, 2016)
- "Acquisition of Hotel in Thailand" (Bangkok Post, 2014)
- "Restrictions and Incentives on Ownership of Farmland" (Lex Mundi Global Practice Guide, 2014)