- English Thai Spanish French
Ittirote is a Counsel at Chandler MHM in the Dispute and Resolution Department. Prior to joining CMHM, Ittirote gained extensive experience working with multiple leading law firms. Ittirote specializes in representing multinational organizations and has represented many business operators in a wide range of litigation and dispute resolution matters, civil and criminal cases, domestic and international arbitration, commercial, insurance and reinsurance, and labor and criminal cases. In addition to 20 years of litigating disputes in Thailand, he has completed reinsurance studies at the Singapore College of Insurance.
Ittirote received both his LLB and LLM degrees from Thammasat University and is a member of the Thai Bar Association and the Lawyers Council of Thailand.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Acted for numerous insurers and reinsurers in the defense and settlement of property damage and business interruption claims, valued at over USD 700 million, arising from the 2011 floods in Thailand.
- Represented a panel of international reinsurers in one of Thailand’s most significant insurance cases involving losses suffered by the owner of a prominent Bangkok department store during the “Red Shirt” riots of 2010, with the clients’ interests valued at over USD 150 million.
- Represented a leading Danish reinsurance company and its Thai decant on a business interruption claim arising out of a fire at a Thai wind farm that was alleged to have been caused by an issue in the insured’s machinery.
- Assisted a global insurance broker in defending itself against negligence allegations made by one of its policyholders, a local glass manufacturer, which suffered a fire at its premises and made a claim under its insurance policy for property damage and business interruption losses.
- Represented a multinational life insurance and financial services company in a dispute with one of its sales agent service companies, in which the plaintiff raised critical allegations about the client’s life insurance agency business model.
- Defended an American insurer in a coverage dispute over a claim made by the asset management subsidiary of a major Thai bank. The asset management subsidiary filed a THB 120 million (USD 3.4 million) claim under its investment management liability policy issued by a Thai insurance company which was reinsured by the client.
- Represented a UK-based marine insurer, in the defense of various cargo liability claims brought against its insured.
- Represented the insurers of a multinational Logistics Corporation in a matter involving a fire at warehouse in Samut Prakan.
- Represented a Thai Local insurer in proceedings issued by the owner of an orchid farm against their insured and its subcontractor in the course of the construction of a gas pressure station, which caused damage to the orchid farm by way of dust, vibration, and flooding.
- Represented the insurers in providing legal advice in relation to criminal proceedings against its insured under a General & Products Liability Policy, including potential settlement and necessary strategies in negotiating the claims.
- Advised a group of reinsurers in a matter involving a lawsuit filed by a state enterprise against an insurer who denied its claims under an Industrial All Risks and Machinery Breakdown insurance policy.
- Represented a financial institute in Saipan, USA against a debtor for the recovery of a loan in the amount of THB 500,000,000, which represented interest and damages under the loan agreement.
- Represented an Israeli Bank against its debtor to recover a loan with a value of approximately THB 150,000,000.
- Represented various Thai Banks against their debtors to recover the money owed and in the enforcement of mortgages.
- Represented a major financial institute against its debtor for payment of rental and damages under a Lease agreement for a Ferris wheel. The amount of claim was approximately THB 200,000,000.
- Represented an international financial institution in an action under the evolving Bankruptcy Act and provided a full range of legal services including initiation of the claim, consultancy in the preparation of the reorganization plans and representation of creditors in making their claims and objections.
- Represented a large marine insurance insured in resolving a dispute through negotiation mediation and arbitration i.e. the Thai Arbitration Institute (TAI), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and ad-hoc arbitration.
- Represented a well-known electronics company in relation to labor disputes, discretely negotiating juris settlements when representing the employers in the Labor Court and consultancy regarding issues including working regulations and employee benefits and severance.
- Represented a client in instituting legal action to recover loans, bonds and promissory notes.
- Represented a leading French multinational corporation specializing in the digital transformation of energy management and automation in homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries in the defense of various civil and criminal claims.
- Represented a Japanese auto manufacturing company in taxation litigation valued over THB 10 billion in relation to the revocation of an assessment and the board of appeal’s decision on customs duties, value added tax (VAT) and excises tax for importation of auto parts.
- Acted as outside counsel for the largest US social network platform in providing legal advice and analysis on various issues.
- Thammasat University, Thailand: Master of Law (LL.M. Criminal Law, 2005)
- Thammasat University, Thailand: Bachelor of Law (LL.B., 1998)
Lawyer Council of Thailand
Extraordinary member of Thai Bar Association
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Notarial Services Training Course (Class 10th), the Register of Signature and Document Attestation, Lawyers Council of Thailand (2005)
- Intellectual Property and International Trade Law Training Course, the Thai Bar (2004)
- Lawyer training, the Lawyer Council of Thailand (1997-1998)
- Represented Thailand in American Field Service (AFS) International Exchange Culture Student, long-term exchange program (1 year) at Republic of Panama (1994-1995)