- English Thai
- The Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2021 – Hall of Fame - (Banking & Finance)
- The Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2021 – Leading individual - (Projects & Energy)
- Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2021 – Band 1 Lawyer - (Banking & Finance)
- Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2021 – Band 1 Lawyer - (Projects & Energy)
- asialaw 2021 – Elite practitioner - (Banking and Finance)
- Asia Business Law Journal 2020 – The top 100 lawyers in Thailand
Jessada is a Co-managing partner at Chandler MHM Ltd. (CMHM). He specializes in banking and finance, particularly project finance, with a focus on major, cross-border energy and natural resources, infrastructure and real estate projects. He has extensive experience with all major commercial banks in Thailand, with leading international commercial banks, and with multinational financial institutions. He acts for both lenders and borrowers, and has an extensive roster of Thai banks, including: Bangkok Bank, Krung Thai Bank, KASIKORNBANK, The Siam Commercial Bank, Bank of Ayudhya, Thanachart Bank, Government Savings Bank, TISCO Bank and Export-Import Bank of Thailand. Relationships with international banks and financial institutions include: Asian Development Bank (ADB), Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, BNP Paribas, China Development Bank, CIMB, Mizuho Bank Ltd., Oversea- Chinese Banking Corporation, Standard Chartered Bank, and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Advised Thai and international banks on financing of eight IPP power projects in Thailand.
- Advised Thai and international banks on project financing of six hydroelectric power projects in Laos PDR.
- Advised Thai banks on financing of more than ten high-end real estate projects over the years. This work continues.
- Advised lenders on financing for construction of expressway and rail projects in Thailand.
- Advised lenders and sponsors on financing of infrastructure projects, including petrochemical and pipeline projects in Thailand.
- Advised lenders and borrowers on project financing of a number of renewable power projects (solar, wind, biomass, waste to energy, etc.) in Thailand and Myanmar.
- Advised a syndication of international banks in financing the acquisition of controlling stake of a brewery in Vietnam.
- Harvard University, Program of Instruction for Lawyers (1992)
- University of Miami (LL.M., 1988)
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Master of American Legal Studies (1987)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., 1983)
- Thai lawyer license, 1984
- Ordinary Member of the Thai Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Asia Pacific Bar Association
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Director for Asia Pacific, World Law Group (2015 - 2016)