- Thai English
Norrapat is an Associate at Chandler MHM Ltd. (CMHM). Prior to joining CMHM, he had extensive experience working with a leading law firm in Bangkok. Norrapat specializes in dispute resolution matters, with a focus on litigation proceedings. He is also proficient in areas of Thai corporate law.
Norrapat has substantive experiences in representing and acting for both local and international corporate clients and individual clients on various legal matters in court proceeding in Thailand. He is regularly engaged for providing legal advices especially in the areas of Thai regulatory and compliance, corporate and commercial and labour and employment law.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions :
- Representing and acting for number of aircraft lessors and lenders in the restructuring of USD9.3 billion debts of Thai Airways International PCL, Thai national airline.
- Representing and acting for several multinational corporations in conducting internal legal audit in connection with anti-corruption matters and termination of employment.
- Representing and acting for multinational car manufacturer on an approximately THB40 Million civil claim in relation to the termination of dealership agreement and unfair trade conduct in respect of trade completion laws brought against by its former authorized dealer.
- Representing and acting for an international engineering service provider for oil and gas drilling and production operations in connection with a labour claim of approximately USD2.2 Million concerning the downsizing of manpower.
- Representing and acting for an international precision machine components (PMC) manufacturer listed in SGX Main Board in connection with a USD2.5 Million claim against its former authorized directors of its Thai subsidiary involving fraud of money transferred in and between Singapore, PRC and Thailand.
- Representing and acting for an international manufacturer of road telematics devices on a civil claim arising out of a sell and purchase agreement of an electronic toll collection system against a Thai system integrator and IT solution company. The total claim amount is more than EUR1,000,000.
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., 2017)
- “Digital Evidence” Certificate: Legal Training and Consultancy Center, Faculty of Law, Thammasat University, Thailand 2020
- Labour Laws For Human Resources Management: Institute of Legal Education of Thai Bar Association, Thailand 2019
- Labour Laws For Efficiency of Human Resources Management in Digital Era: Institute of Legal Education of Thai Bar Association, Thailand 2018
- International Arbitration and Procedure in International Arbitration: Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC) in collaboration with New York University (NYU), Thailand 2018
- Thai lawyer license, 2017
- Extraordinary member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Member of Notarial Services Attorney
- “Restructuring & Insolvency Country Comparative Guide 2020” (Legal 500, 2020, co-author)
- “Doing Business in Thailand (Second Edition)” (Chandler MHM Limited, 2020, co-author)
- “Doing Business 2021 Thailand” (World Bank Group, 2020, co-author)
- “Doing Business 2020 Thailand” (World Bank Group, 2019, co-author)
- “Insolvency Global Practice Guide 2019 Second Edition (Law and Practice in Thailand)” (Chambers and Partners, 2019, co-author)
- “Doing Business in Thailand the First Edition” (Chandler MHM Limited, 2019, co-author)
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- seconded to Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, Tokyo, Japan (December 2019 – January 2020)