- Thai English
Norrapat is an Associate at Chandler MHM Ltd. (CMHM). Prior to joining CMHM, he had extensive experience working with a leading law firm in Bangkok. Norrapat specializes in dispute resolution matters, with a focus on litigation proceedings. He is also proficient in areas of Thai corporate law and labour law.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions :
Labour and Employment Litigation
- Representing and acting for an international engineering service provider for oil and gas drilling and production operations on an approximately USD2.2 Million labour claim concerning the retrenchment of manpower brought against by its former employees.
- Representing and acting for a major international Precision Machined Components (PMC) manufacturer listed under SGX Main Board on a USD2.5 Million worth of value disputes in relation to fraud against its former authorized directors of its Thai subsidiary involving a transfer of money in Singapore, PRC and Thailand.
- Engaging in termination of employment activities including lay-off and investigation process for Thai and Foreign corporate clients.
- Representing and acting for batteries manufacturer listed under Stock Exchange of Thailand on an approximately THB150 Million civil claim in relation to the breach of shares sell and purchase agreement brought against by its former major shareholders.
- Representing and acting for an international manufacturer of road telematics devices on a civil claim arising out of a sell and purchase of an electronic toll collection system agreement against a Thai system integrator and IT solution company. The total claim amount is more than EUR1,000,000.
- Representing and acting for a multinational car manufacturer on an approximately THB40 Million civil claim in relation to the termination of dealership agreement brought against by its former authorized dealer.
- Representing and acting for a multinational health club in a number of consumer cases brought against by its former members.
- Securing a judgment in favor of an International Health Insurance company in the Appellate court brought by its customers.
- Advising a Japan-based multinational photography and imaging company in relation to the claims for custom duty payment brought against by Thai Tax authority. The total claim amount is more than THB145 Million.
- Advising foreign corporate clients on general Thai arbitration law issues, reviewing and revising arbitration clause.
Bankruptcy and Reorganization
- Securing a judgment for a major UK-based company as a creditor in Reorganization process of Thai major food retail and distribution company in the Appellate court of Specialized Case.
- Advising an intergovernmental organization on Thai procedural laws and regulations related to insolvency and reorganization procedure.
Corporate & Commercial
- Advising Thai and Foreign corporate clients on general labor law issues related to the termination of employment, reviewing and revising work rules and regulations, preparing employment agreements.
- Advising foreign asset management firm in 75% shares acquisition of Thai asset management company.
- Advising international animal rights organization on Thai laws and regulations related to the protection of cruelty on wildlife animals in Thailand.
- Advising foreign government-funded research institution on Thai laws and regulations related to the production and restriction of hazardous substances.
- Advising foreign tobacco company on Thai laws and regulations related to tobacco consumption.
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.M. in Finance and Tax law., 2017-2020 (Tentative) )
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., 2016)
- Labour Laws For Human Resources Management, Institute of Legal Education of Thai Bar Association: 2019 – Bangkok, Thailand
- Labour Laws For Efficiency of Human Resources Management in Digital Era, Institute of Legal Education of Thai Bar Association: 2018 – Bangkok, Thailand
- International Arbitration and Procedure in International Arbitration, Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC) in collaboration with New York University (NYU): 2018 – Bangkok, Thailand
- Extraordinary Member, Thai Bar Association
- Lawyers’ Council of Thailand (License to practice law)
- Notarial Services Attorney
- "Doing Business 2020 Thailand" (World Bank Group, 2019, co-contributor)
- "Insolvency Global Practice Guide 2019 Second Edition (Law and Practice in Thailand)" (Chambers and Partners, 2019, co-author)
- "Doing Business in Thailand" the First Edition (Chandler MHM Limited, February 2019, co-author)
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- seconded to Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, Tokyo, Japan (December 2019 – January 2020)
- with Price Sanond Limited, Bangkok (2016-2018)
- Co-author, Doing Business in Thailand the First Edition published by Chandler MHM Limited, February 2019