- Thai English
Disaporn is a Senior Associate at Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM) in the Banking and Finance Practice Group. His experience includes handling various legal matters, covering project finance, debt capital markets and infrastructure funds. For project financing transactions (mostly conventional and renewable power projects), he led the team on legal due diligence exercise on the projects, prepare drafts of financing and security documents and manage transactions. For capital markets, he assisted in the offering and issuance of Thai Baht and foreign currency bonds and the establishment on infrastructure funds. His work also involves researching on relevant laws and its interpretations relating to the clients’ business and transactions, such as land issues, specific licenses and remittance of funds, as well as producing legal memorandum on complex legal issues.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- lenders in relation to the financing for the development, construction, operation and maintenance of one Small Power Producer (SPP) gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration power plant project under the SPP Replacement Program with a designed capacity of 73.9 MW.
- Trafigura Pte Ltd. which is a buyer under the prepayment agreement entered into with Valeura Energy Asia Pte. Ltd. as seller. The prepayment agreement is purported to prepay to Valeura the purchase price for crude oil from Wassana Field and Topaz Fields by making the advances under the prepayment agreement.
- Muangthai Capital Public Company Limited as borrower in relation to Thai counsel to syndicated lenders in relation to the financing to Ray Power Supply Co., Ltd. for the construction, development, and operation of a solar project with an installed capacity of 30 MW located in Cambodia.
- B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited, the sponsor, on the non-recourse financing for the development of seven small gas-fired power plants. The gas-fired power plants will have a combined capacity of 980 megawatts with an approximate total value of THB 40 billion. These replacement power plants are the first of their kind. Power Deal of the Year (Thailand) - The Asset Triple A Infrastructure Awards 2021 (Country Deal Awards ASEAN)
- a major energy company on all aspects of the development of a wind farm in Northeastern Thailand. The wind farm will provide 16 megawatts of installed capacity, and our advice involves negotiating the terms of the operation and maintenance agreement as well as the financing documents for the project financing.
- the lenders on project financing for a 2,500 MW IPP power plant developed by Gulf SRC Company Limited.
- the lenders on project financing of the Nam Theun 1 Project which is a hydroelectric power project located in Lao PDR developed by Electricity Generating Public Company Limited (EGCO), EDL Generation Public Company (a subsidiary of Electricité Du Laos), and Phonesack Group Co., Ltd.
- B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited on the development of its gas-fired cogeneration power projects: ABPR 3, ABPR 4, ABPR5, BIP1 and BIP2.
- the lenders on project financing of various hydropower projects developed by B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited, e.g. XXHP, Nam Che 1 and Nam Khao projects.
- lenders on project financing of various gas-fired cogeneration and solar power projects developed by B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited, e.g. project BPLC1-2, BGYSP, BGSK, TPS/Solarwa.
- Kasikornbank Public Company Limited on the financing of the development of Thailand's first solar rooftop power project on a commercial building jointly developed by WHA Corporation Public Company Limited and Gunkul Engineering Public Company Limited.
- the lenders on the project financing of a 240 MW combined heat power plant developed by IRPC Clean Company Limited.
- SPCG Group on the project financing and equity financing of solar power plants.
Acquisition Finance and General Finance/General Finance
- the lenders on EUR and THB Facilities Agreements to finance the acquisition and mandatory tender offer for Big C Supercenter Public Company Limited’s shares.
- the lenders on the multi-million Facilities Agreement for Singha Estate Public Company Limited to acquire hotels under the brand ‘Mercure’ in the UK as well as the release of the same Facilities Agreement and relevant security documents.
- the lenders on the multi-million Facilities Agreement for Singha Corporation to acquire a brewery business in Vietnam.
- a number of airlines and financiers on aircraft transactions in respect of Thai law matters.
- international financial institutions, including BNP Paribas and HSBC Bangkok branches, on various Thai law matters such as security, assignment, guarantee, execution of documents, corporate matter, bankruptcy, foreign exchange transactions and stamp duty.
Debt Restructuring and Business Rehabilitation
- an investment manager in relation to a structured financing transaction for a SEA-based aviation maintenance repair and overhaul (“MRO”) company and a subsidiary of a multinational low-cost airline. This is a newly-established Southeast Asian aviation MRO player, whose operations were recently carved out from the largest and fastest growing low-cost airline in the region.
- a global financial services group in relation to the debt restructuring and business rehabilitation process of its Thai debtor, a major Thai full-service airline business listed under the Thai Stock Exchange.
- a global investment bank and financial services group in relation to the debt restructuring and business rehabilitation process of its Thai debtor, a major Thai full-service airline business listed under the Thai Stock Exchange.
Bangkok Bank, Kasikornbank and Standard Chartered Bank as the joint lead managers on the Kingdom of Thailand's THB76 billion inaugural government bond switching transaction.
BBL Asset Management Company Limited as fund manager on Thai telecommunications group Jasmine International Public Company Limited's THB 55 billion IPO of its internet infrastructure fund.
BBL Asset Management Company Limited as the fund manager of BTS Rail Mass Transit Growth Infrastructure Fund (BTSGIF) on BTSGIF’s THB 41.5 billion IPO, the first IPO of an infrastructure fund in Thailand.
B.Grimm Power Public Company Limited on its IPO
Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
Singha Venture Capital Fund Limited on its acquisition of a 15 percent equity interest in a fintech company.
IRPC Public Limited Company on its acquisition of a 25 percent equity interest in Ube Chemicals (Asia) Public Company Limited.
The Union Mosaic Industry Public Company Limited on the partial tender offer of shares of The Royal Ceramic Industry Public Company Limited.
- University of Cambridge (Master of Corporate Law, 2019)
- Thammasat University (LL.B. with Honors, 2011)
- Thai Barrister at Law, 2013
- Thai lawyer license
- Ordinary member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Member of Notarial Services Attorney