- English Thai
- Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2021 – Band 2 Lawyer - (Corporate / M&A)
- asialaw 2021 – Notable practitioner - (Corporate and M&A)
- The Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2021 – Recommended - Corporate and M&A
Arkrapol is a Partner specializing in Corporate/M&A and Capital Markets Practices. His experience includes joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions; foreign investment in Thailand, securities and exchange law, public company law, domestic and international equity capital markets transactions. He had involved in a number of strategic acquisitions and public takeovers in Thailand.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- CAT Telecom Public Company Limited and TOT Public Company Limited: on amalgamation transaction involving relevant telecom license, frequency licence and media licence to deal with NBTC. The new entity was formed and known as National Telecom Public Company Limited.
- Thanachart Bank Pcl. in relation to a sale of majority stake in Thanachart Fund Management to Prudential Corporation Holdings/Eastspring with a transaction value of more than US$250 million.
- Food Factor on the acquisition of the majority of shares in a food chain company which through its own stores and franchise agreements operates more than 100 outlets in aggregate, primarily in Thailand.
- Dusit Thani Pcl. on its joint investment with Origin Property Pcl. to develop a condominium building in Chonburi Province, Thailand.
- PTT Pcl. on its sale of 27.22% shares in The Bangchak Petroleum PCL to Vayupak Fund and Social Security Fund.
- ESSO (Thailand) Pcl. as lead manager’s counsel on the US and Thai law aspects in relation to its IPO and listing on the SET. The deal won from FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2010 – Best Thailand Deal.
- Mega Lifesciences Pcl. acting as Thai and international counsel to Thai lead underwriters and international managers in connection with its initial public offering within Thailand and outside of Thailand under Regulation S of the US Securities Act and listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand
- The Well-known Insurance Company in relation to a sale of its shares by existing shareholders to the international insurance company
AAPICO Hitech Pcl. on its joint venture with Sojitz Corporation in relation to a business of manufacture and distribution of branded motorbikes in Thailand.
Thai Oil Pcl. on the sale of GPSC shares to PTT Pcl. and internal restructuring of electricity generating business including an entire business transfer of Thaioil Power Co., Ltd. to Thai Oil Pcl.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 1992)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M., 1991)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., 1989)
- Thai Barrister at Law, 1994
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand