- English Thai
- Asia Business Law Journal – the top 100 lawyers in Thailand 2021
- asialaw Leading Lawyers 2022 – Distinguished practitioner - Corporate and M&A
- IFLR1000 2022 – Highly regarded - Capital Markets
- Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2021 – Band 2 Lawyer - Corporate / M&A
- The Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2021 – Recommended - Corporate and M&A
Arkrapol is a Senior Partner specializing in Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Practices. His experience includes joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions; foreign investment in Thailand, securities and exchange law, public company law, domestic and international equity capital markets transactions. He had involved in a number of strategic acquisitions and public takeovers in Thailand. He had also taken a leading role in advising underwriters on the successful listing of many companies on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- CAT Telecom Public Company Limited and TOT Public Company Limited on their amalgamation. This involved advising on relevant telecommunication licenses, frequency licenses and broadcasting licenses and dealing with the Office of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC). The new entity was formed and called the National Telecom Public Company Limited.
- a company within the group of Alibaba / Lazada (the Purchaser) in connection with an acquisition of an e-commerce business from Synagie Corporation Ltd., a Singapore company. The transaction value was approximately S$61.7 million.
- Thanachart Bank Pcl. in relation to a sale of majority stake in Thanachart Fund Management to Prudential Corporation Holdings/Eastspring with a transaction value of more than US$250 million.
- Food Factor on the acquisition of the majority of shares in a food chain company which through its own stores and franchise agreements operates more than 100 outlets in aggregate, primarily in Thailand.
- Dusit Thani Pcl. on its joint investment with Origin Property Pcl. to develop a condominium building in Chonburi Province, Thailand.
- PTT Pcl. on its sale of 27.22% shares in The Bangchak Petroleum PCL to Vayupak Fund and Social Security Fund.
- ESSO (Thailand) Pcl. as lead manager’s counsel on the US and Thai law aspects in relation to its IPO and listing on the SET. The deal won from FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2010 – Best Thailand Deal.
- Mega Lifesciences Pcl. acting as Thai and international counsel to Thai lead underwriters and international managers in connection with its initial public offering within Thailand and outside of Thailand under Regulation S of the US Securities Act and listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand
- The Well-known Insurance Company in relation to a sale of its shares by existing shareholders to the international insurance company
AAPICO Hitech Pcl. on its joint venture with Sojitz Corporation in relation to a business of manufacture and distribution of branded motorbikes in Thailand.
Thai Oil Pcl. on the sale of GPSC shares to PTT Pcl. and internal restructuring of electricity generating business including an entire business transfer of Thaioil Power Co., Ltd. to Thai Oil Pcl.
C.P. Seven Eleven Pcl. as Thai lead underwriter's counsel on its public offering and listing on the SET.
Danone on a joint venture between Danone Dairy Asia SAS and Berli Jucker pcl. in relation to Danone Dairy (Thailand) Co., Ltd. which engages in the manufacture and sale of fresh dairy products (including Activia) in Thailand.
ThaiNamthip, Coca-Cola's bottler in Thailand, on undertaking its major internal corporate restructuring by separating, and transferring, its manufacturing and trading business units to its two new subsidiaries by way of a partial business transfer
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 1992)
- Boston University School of Law (LL.M., 1991)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., 1989)
- Thai Barrister at Law, 1994
- Thai lawyer license
Ordinary member of Thai Bar Association
Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand