- English Thai
- Rising Star Lawyer (Corporate and M&A) – Asialaw 2019
- Next Generation Lawyer - The Legal 500 Asia Pacific - 2018
Nirawan is a Counsel at Chandler MHM Ltd. (CMHM), and has been with the firm since 2007. She has extensive experience in negotiating commercial agreements and handling merger and acquisition transactions in a variety of sectors, including petrochemicals, airlines, logistics, pharmaceuticals, and energy. She also has experience advising companies on matters including intellectual property protection, maritime law, customs law, and the restructuring and privatization of state enterprises.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Represented: Hitachi Chemical Asia (Thailand) Company Limited on the business restructuring through the sales of partial business, i.e. business of manufacturing automotive batteries to its new incorporated company, namely Hitachi Chemical Gateway Battery (Thailand) Co., Ltd. for a potential amalgamation with the other company in the same group
- Represented: Luckytex (Thailand) Public Company Limited and Thai Toray Textile Mills Public Company Limited on the amalgamation of companies to be Toray Textiles (Thailand) Public Company Limited
- Represented: Chinese investors through Wuhan Zhongke Xinwei Information and Technology Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of shares in Precision Capital Pte. Ltd, a company listed on the SGX-ST having the subsidiaries in the US, China, Thailand, Malaysia, etc., for potential listing the target in the China stock market
- Represented: Hitachi Chemical Group on the acquisition of shares from the major shareholders in Thai Storage Battery Public Company Limited, currently is Hitachi Chemical Storage Battery (Thailand) Public Company Limited, a manufacturer of automotive batteries under the name of “3K BATTERY”.
- Represented: Akara Resources Public Company Limited in conducting due diligence on the environmental compliance
- Represented: SSG Capital Management (Hong Kong) Ltd. on a cross-border acquisition of CFS Alphavest (Hong Kong) Ltd., and Alpha Capital Management Co., Ltd. This was a complex cross-border transaction that required apply the country’s Foreign Business Act regulations to acquisition of a Thai asset management company.
- Represented: Hongkong Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC) on refinancing to KrisEnergy for acquisition of major petroleum blocks, G10/48-2016. This complex acquisition-financing transaction involving, in addition to HSBC, it involved banks in Australia and New Zealand as additional secured parties and pledgees.
- Represented: TOT Public Company Limited (TOT), a Thai state-owned telecommunications company and a creditor to TT&T Public Company Limited (TT&T), on the matter of TT&T’s debt restructuring, and in connection with TT&T’s rehabilitation plan.
- Represented: Mitsui-SOKO Ltd., one of Japan’s largest logistics service providers on the acquisition of Sony Supply Chain Solutions in Japan, and other of its subsidiaries overseas, including Sony Supply Chain Solutions (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Represented: Mitsui-SOKO Ltd. on the acquisition of a Thai logistics company engaged in the business of land transport services in Thailand, and in cross-border services to Asian countries including, China, Malaysia, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam.
- Represented: Sankyo Tateyama, Inc. on a cross-border acquisition of a majority control interest in a major Thai metals manufacturing company.
- Represented: a major property consultancy in Thailand (part of a worldwide organization) on a complex cross-border restructuring and share acquisition.
- Represented: Lawson, Inc., a convenience store franchise chain in Japan, on the acquisition of over 300 shops of 108 Shop operated by Saha Pathanapibul Public Company Limited and the establishment of Saha Lawson Co., Ltd. under the joint venture agreement with Saha Group.
- Represented: PTT Utility Company Limited (PTTUT), a subsidiary of PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited (PTTGC), and Independent Power (Thailand) Company Limited (IPT), on an amalgamation to form Global Power Synergy Company Limited (GPSC).
- University of Southampton School of Law, (United Kingdom) (LL.M. in Maritime Law (Royal Thai Government Scholarship), 1998)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.M. in Business Law, 1995)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B. with Honors, 1990)
- Certificate in Employment Law, Thai Bar Institute of Legal Education, Thailand 2018
- Certificate in Digital Economy Crime Program (DECP), Chula Unisearch of Chulalongkorn University, Thailand 2016
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation, Thai Bar Institute of Legal Education, Thailand 2002
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Thai Bar Institute of Legal Education, Thailand 2001
- Thai lawyer license, 1990
- Extraordinary Member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Member of Notarial Services Attorney
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- served as Marine Department of Thailand Ministry of Transport, Legal Officer and Visiting Lecturer in Maritime Law at the Merchant Marine Training Centre of the Marine Department (1998 - 2000)