- English Thai
Kobchai is an associate at Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM), and has been with the firm since 2015. His primary area of practice focuses on projects, corporate/mergers & acquisitions and regulated transactions. He has worked with numerous clients on transactions and due diligence in various sectors including manufacturing, retail, transportation, petrochemical and energy sector. He has also provided companies with legal advice related to foreign investment regulations, restructuring, regulatory compliance, labour and administrative laws.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Represented: Petroleum Institute of Thailand (PTIT); as part of the CMHM legal advisory team on a high-profile Study under the Energy Regulatory Commission Law Reform Project regarding regulatory reform affecting Thailand’s competitiveness in the natural gas market.
- Represented: Thai Petroleum listed Company engaged in a major business restructuring and strategic expansion into retail sector and a new overseas market.
- Represented: Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand, on conducting legal due diligence and litigation process in an administrative case on IPP bidding projects.
- Represented: Thai Bank on project finance for development of largest wind farm project in Chaiyaphum Province, Thailand.
- Represented: Thai state-owned telecommunications company in THB billion baht administrative case on telephone numbers revocation by regulator.
- Represented: BGRIMM, one of Thailand’s top private power producers on the THB 3.3 billion acquisition of a 100% interest in Glow SPP1 from Glow.
- Represented: One of the World largest duty free operators in joint venture, bid submission and commercial agreements for the new duty free shop concession in Airport of Thailand.
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B., with 1st Class Honors, 2015)
- Thai Bar Association
- Lawyer Council of Thailand
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Secondment to Energy Regulatory Commission of Thailand (2016)