E. T. Hunt Talmage, III
- English French
- The International Who’s Who of Oil & Gas Lawyers; and Expert - Energy; Who’s Who Legal 2005-2020
- Leading Individual; Restructuring & Insolvency; Legal 500 A/P 2014
Hunt is Senior Counsel at Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM) and has been with the firm since 1994. Prior to joining CMHM, he had experience at other, internationally respected law firms in Washington, D.C., Beirut, Lebanon, Abidjan, Ivory Coast, and Bangkok. He is recognized for his experience in energy and natural resources investments, particularly in the renewable energy, petroleum, petrochemical, and mining sectors. He is also experienced in financial transactions with a focus on corporate lending and project finance, and debt and corporate restructuring. He regularly represents sponsors, contractors and suppliers in infrastructure and industrial investments and services, and he acts in numerous types of M&A transactions.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Energy and Natural Resources: Areva, Coastal/CEPSA, Eurus Energy, ExxonMobil, KUFPEC, Locrian Mining, Meralco, Mitsui Oil Exploration Corporation (MOECO), Mubadala Petroleum, PTTEP, Sun Resources, Total.
Manufacturing/Sales: Beiersdorf, Gates, Herrick, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Jelly Belly Candy, JT International, Lucy Electronics, Mitsui & Co., SIG Combibloc, Singer, Triumph.
Services/Financial: Black & Veatch, BNP Paribas, Bouygues, Exterran, Merlin, Siemens, Standard Chartered Bank.
SOME REPRESANTATIVE TRANSACTIONS
- Represented: several groups of lenders led by BNP Paribas and Standard Chartered Bank in multicurrency and multijurisdictional financings of groups holding Thai petroleum concessions.
- Represented: a major Japanese industrial group in a potential equity investment in a large Lao hydropower project in 2016.
- Represented: a consortium of Thai companies, including a local affiliate of Mitsui & Co., Ltd., on the establishment of a joint venture seeking an infrastructure management concession from the Thai government. Closed in 2015.
- Represented: a consortium of lenders led by Standard Chartered Bank in a multicurrency and multijurisdictional financing of the Blackmore Group. The principal financing closed in 2015.
- Represented: Manitowoc, a leading American manufacturer of professional kitchen equipment, on the acquisition of 50% of its local joint venture owned by the Thai partner, and the acquisition of assets of a separate Thai manufacturing facility. Closed in 2015.
- Represented: Limagrain, a substantial French producer of agricultural seeds, on its acquisition of Seed Asia International Ltd., a Hong Kong-based company with subsidiaries in Thailand and Cambodia. Closed in 2014.
- Represented: Mitsui & Co., Ltd., a major Japanese conglomerate, on the establishment of a joint venture gas container manufacturing entity with an Italian partner. Closed in 2014.
- Represented: a major Japanese electricity generator in a potential equity investment in a 50 MW SPP wind farm project and two 8 MW and 2 MW VSPP wind projects in 2013.
- Represented a major European EPC contractor in connection with construction of three SPP solar projects in Northern Thailand in 2013.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1971)
- University of Colorado (B.A., 1968)
- Sorbonne, University of Paris (1965)
- Director Certification Program, class 196/2014, Thai Institute of Directors, 2014
- Bars of District of Columbia and US Supreme Court
- District of Columbia, American and International Bar Associations
- IBA Legal Practice Division: Council Member (2004 - 2010)
- IBA Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure Law: Treasurer, Vice-Chair and Chair (2004 - 2010)
- American Chamber of Commerce - Côte d’Ivoire: Secretary (1986 – 1987); President (1987 - 1993)
- American Chamber of Commerce of Thailand
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators