- Thai English Japanese
Panupan has been involved in joint ventures, cross-border mergers & acquisitions and support for MNCs and Japanese companies that are expanding their businesses into Thailand, since 2012, including drafting contracts as well as legal documents used in corporate commercial, joint ventures, and cross-border mergers & acquisitions transactions. He is also experienced in providing legal advices in relation to foreign investment and corporate operation in various sectors.
Panupan is also an active member of the firm's TMT practice group. He has wide range of knowledge of the e-commerce industry.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Thanachart Bank Pcl. in relation to a sale of majority stake in Thanachart Fund Management to Prudential Corporation Holdings/Eastspring with a transaction value of more than US$250 million.
- Represented a leading Japanese e-commerce company in Japan in sale of its subsidiary in Thailand.
- Represented a leading Japanese real estate developer, on investment in condominium development projects in Bangkok.
- Columbia Law School (LL.M. (James Kent Scholar), 2018)
- The University of Tokyo (Graduate Schools of Law and Politics, LL.M., 2012)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2010)
- Admitted in New York State, 2020
- Thai lawyer license, 2014
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Extraordinary member of Thai Bar Association
OTHER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- with Uría Menéndez, Madrid (April 2019 – July 2019)
- with Slaughter and May, London (September 2018 – March 2019)
- "Guide to Current Thai Business Laws – Second edition"
- "M&A Legislation in Emerging Asia Countries – Second edition"