- Thai English
- +66-2-009-5185 +66-9-5853-6408
Ratthai is a Senior Associate at Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM). He specializes in litigation, and has significant experience representing clients on labour and employment law, on corporate and commercial litigation, and on intellectual property litigation and related matters. He has represented clients on civil and criminal cases in court proceedings. He acts for both Thai and international clients, and has broad experience on cross-border matters.
RELEVANT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Some Representative Transactions:
- Represented: Ansell (Thailand) Limited in court proceedings in negotiation with ex-employees whose employment were terminated.
- Represented: Ecolab Inc. in court proceedings in unfair dismissal case.
- Represented: Robert Bosch Automotive Technologies (Thailand) Co., Ltd. to advise the client in dismissal issue, labour relations issue and to review work rules and regulations.
- Represented: Hitachi Compressor (Thailand) Co., Ltd. to advise on labour relations committee and to review work rules and regulations.
- Represented: Body Fashion (Thailand) Ltd. to advise labour law on termination issue, to represent the client in the stage of labour inspection official, to represent the client in labour committee and the House of Representative.
- Represented: United Offshore Aviation Company Limited to review employment contract and table of benefits and welfare.
Represented: Soneva Kiri to advise on employment issue under Covid-19 situation and legal requirement for termination of employment.
- Represented: a foreign tobacco company on Administrative Court proceedings re: submission of a request to the Court for revocation of a Notification of the Ministry of Public Health in connection with expended pictorial health warnings on cigarette packs and related work. Also represented the client on negotiation with the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly, regarding a joint venture agreement (Expended Tobacco Processing Agreement), and advised on Thailand laws and regulations related to tobacco consumption control.
- Represented: a foreign banking client on Thailand laws regarding cross-border transactions and Thai personal guarantor issues, in connection with project financing.
- Represented: Thai and foreign clients in registration of ownership, mortgage, release of mortgage, lease and transfer of rights regarding assets, such as real estate and machinery.
- Represented: Thai and foreign clients on potential disputes regarding contractual obligations under sale and purchase agreements, and hire agreements, as well as on review and revision of various agreements, such as lease agreements, and sale and purchase agreements.
- Represented: Thai and foreign clients, both individuals and business entities, in court proceedings and in discussions with labor officials regarding labor and employment matters, such as, unfair termination, dispute regarding employee and employer privileges under employment agreements, and disciplinary action. Also, preparing legal documents relating to employment matters, for instance, employment agreement, termination letter, warning letter, mutual separation agreement and company’s work rules and regulations.
- Kings College London (LL.M. in International Financial Law Pathway with Merit, 2016)
- Thammasat University (LL.M., 2014)
- Kasetsart University (LL.B., 2009)
- The Legal Execution Department Certificate: The 1st Legal Execution Training Course, Thailand 2012
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Certificate: The General Course on Intellectual Property, Thailand 2009
- Thai lawyer license, 2011
- Extraordinary member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand
- Member of Notarial Services Attorney
- Labour Relations Advisor License
THER EXPERIENCE/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Guest Speaker at Soneva Kiri, 6 Stars luxurious Resort in Koh Kood, Trad Province on the topic of "Recent updates in Thai labour laws" – 3 May 2019
- Guest Speaker at the event organised by American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AMCHAM) – "What to Do When They Won’t Leave Easily: Terminations and Other Tricky Aspects of Thai Labor Law" ─ 21 March 2019
- Guest Speaker at the Department of Law, Faculty of Social Sciences, Kasetsart University – "Role of Lawyers in Labour Court Proceedings under the Act on the Establishment of and Procedure for Labour Court" on 7 November 2018
- Guest Speaker at the event organised by Pridi Banomyong Faculty of Law, Dhurakij Pundit University – "Legal Workshop on Thai Business Insight for Foreigners": "Legal Aspects related to Employment Termination and Dispute Resolutions" on 1 November 2018
- Labour Law Guest Speaker at the event organised by American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AMCHAM) – "Labour Law Round Up" on 6 June 2017