- English Thai Japanese
- Leading lawyer in asialaw PROFILES’ Asia Law Leading Lawyers 2018
Hidetomo Futami joined Mori Hamada & Matsumoto in 2002 having previously worked at law firms in Thailand and Myanmar and has continued to hone his particular expertise in cross-border transactions involving Southeast Asian countries, including direct investments, mergers & acquisitions and securities and finance matters. His expertise extends to laws and regulations relating to doing business in Thailand and its neighboring countries, such as corporate laws, the Alien Business Law, labor laws and arbitration laws. He also has broad experience involving other Southeast Asian countries including Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia. He has contributed to many books, articles, and seminars featuring mergers & acquisitions and legal systems in Asia.
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., 2008)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1999)
- State Bar Association of New York, 2009
- Admitted in Japan, 2002
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- Member of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- "Guide to Current Thai Business Laws - Second edition" (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2019)
- "Handbook for Rules Against Bribery of Foreign Public Officials for Companies Expanding Overseas" (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2018)
- "Real Estate Law in Asia – Guidance for Real Estate and Infrastructure Business" (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2018)
- "Guide to Current Thai Business Laws" (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2017)
- "M&A Legislation in Emerging Asia Countries – Second edition" (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2016)
- "Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials and Practical Responses of Consumers – Global Compliance for Companies Expanding Overseas" (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2014)
- "Civil Litigation System in Asian Countries – Encompassing Handling of Consumers Part 5: Thailand" (Chuokeizai-sha, Inc., 2014)
- "2013 Investigation Report on Legislative System in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar" (Research and Training Institute of the Ministry of Justice, Japan, 2014)
- "M&A Legislation in Emerging Asian Countries (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2013) "
- "Takeover Laws and Regulations in Asia (Shojihomu Co., Ltd., 2012) "
- "Formula for Successful Asian Joint Ventures, by Country (2) Thailand" (Chuokeizai-sha, Inc., 2011)