- Japanese English
- asialaw 2021 – Notable practitioner - (Corporate and M&A)
- The Legal 500, Asia Pacific 2021 – Recommended - Corporate and M&A
Seiji Akimoto’s primary areas of practice are corporate acquisitions and reorganizations, and he specializes in cross-border mergers & acquisitions. He has abundant experience handling corporate acquisitions and investments involving companies located in countries across the globe, especially those in Asia. He has written extensively on mergers & acquisitions and related legislation in Asia, notably “The Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law” (The 2010 Guide to Japan edited by IFLA).
- University of Chicago Law School (LL.M., 2008)
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1999)
- Admitted in New York, 2009
- Admitted in Japan, 2002
- Member of the Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- Member of New York State Bar Association
- "M&A Legislation in Emerging Asia Countries – Second edition"
- "Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials and Practical Responses of Consumers – Global Compliance for Companies Expanding Overseas"